What is LAT?
LAT stands for Law Admission Test; take a look at for those who desire to grow to be Law Graduate and pursuing a profession in the subject of Law. It is merely like a GRE or GAT check conducted for admissions in Graduate / Master’s Degree in the universities/faculties of Pakistan. It has been prescribed through the Higher Education Commission (HEC) on the directions of the August Supreme courtroom of Pakistan. It may additionally be termed as HEC LAT Test.
Literally, Legum Baccalaureus, usually known as LLB, is the diploma awarded to an individual who graduates in Law. The degree of LLB is a base to pursue a profession as a Lawyer, Consultant, Attorney, Judge, etc.
Need of Law Admission Test (LAT)
With the evolution in academic practices, the experts have developed checks for specialized fields for assessing the aptitude of students. These exams are designed for the stage of diploma for which the students are searching for admissions. The most famous of these tests is the Graduate Record Examination Test, acknowledged as GRE conventional conducted at the beginning in the USA and now followed in nearly all over the world. Similarly, the Universities in the USA began to take a look at for Law colleges recognized as the Law School Admission Test. The test has been in exercise since 1945 and viewed one desirable supply to investigate the aptitude of college students closer to Law. It comprises of six sections every of 35 lengths, making it 3 hours and 30 minutes test. The Law Admission Test (LAT) is in practice in India for years. The same was once felt indispensable in Pakistan for college students looking for admission in Law Colleges, and the HEC Pakistan has announced to behavior the HEC LAT Test for the LLB Classes admission.
LAT Test in Pakistan
The HEC LAT Test is simple for searching for admission in LLB (5 years program) and is a vital aspect in figuring out the aptitude, keenness, and profession of an individual. The essential feature of the LAT Test is to verify and assess the ability of involved college students. Whether he/she has the proper variety of mindset in the direction of the degree of LLB and similarly a profession in the field of Law such as Lawyer, Consultant, Judge, Attorney, Prosecutor, etc.
HEC Pakistan has announced to behavior the Law Admission Test (LAT) from 2018 for admission in LLB 5 years program in public and non-public sector universities & amp: affiliated colleges across the country.
- LAT Exam Schedule: HEC conducts LAT thrice a year.
- LAT Result Validity: LAT Result stays legitimate for two years.
How to Register for LAT?
To be registered for LAT, comply with the beneath guidelines. In case of any issue throughout registration, candidates can visit onlinehelp.hec.gov.pk OR HEC Regional Centres in Quetta, Peshawar, Lahore, Islamabad, Bahawalpur, and Karachi for guidance.
Application submission includes of two steps, i.e., profile completion the usage of “My Profile” area and utility submission the usage of “Law Admission Test” link on menu panel in the left-hand sidebar of an online portal
Fee for LAT Test 2020:
- Test Fee of Rs.500/- is to be deposited Online/ ATM or via Bank Draft in Account No: 1742 7900 133401. Account Title: Higher Education Commission, Bank: Habib Bank Limited, Branch Code: 1742
- Applicants are required to send a replica of Fee Deposit Slip/ ATM/ Online Transfer or Original Bank Draft through courier at the address: 13-209, 2nd Floor, HRD Building, HEC, Sector H-8, Islamabad on or before the closing date of registration.
- Please point out your CNIC wide variety at the backside of the Deposit Slip/Bank Draft
- The Test Fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Who can Apply for the LAT?
- Students who have exceeded the Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) or equivalent/Grade 12 education
- Students who have regarded in the ultimate examination of HSSC or equivalent/Grade 12 training and these anticipating results