Intended to clearly and systematically demystify what is often considered the most challenging section of the SAT, The Critical Reader: The Complete Guide to SAT Reading, 4th Edition, provides a comprehensive review of the reading skills tested on the redesigned exam.
- A chapter-by-chapter breakdown of question types, with in-depth explanations and numerous examples demonstrating how to work through each class.
- Techniques for comprehending complex passages and identifying essential information quickly and efficiently.
- Extensive strategies for simplifying and answering paired supporting evidence questions as well as a graph- and chart-based data analysis questions.
- A list of alternate definitions of common words, plus strategies for using context clues to decipher the meaning of unfamiliar vocabulary.
- To allow students to apply the strategies outlined in this book to College Board material while focusing on the specific areas.